WE'RE MOVING! Beginning Monday, April 30, we're moving to maconloveblog.blogspot.com. Everything will be the same, just at a new address. We'll have a link on the new site back to this one in case you ever want to read our previous posts.

Friday, October 06, 2006

Cheaters never prosper

Would you rather cheat or be cheated on?

This question was posed to listeners on the radio this morning, and initially I found the answer a no-brainer. Of course, neither situation is ideal, nor would I want to be in either position, but when it came to choosing my emotional hurt over another's, I chose saving myself.

"Duh!" I thought. "Who would want to be the victim of a cheater, and go through all the emotional pain, when you could choose to be the cheater instead?"

According to the radio (I didn't catch the source they cited), the majority of women feel the same way. But after thinking further, I realized that was a selfish thought. I would never want to be cheated on, but that's something I can't control. Whether someone cheats on me has no bearing on my moral character and what kind of person I am. But if I'm the cheater, then I'm the bad guy. Then, I have no respect for the the feelings of others and will be known as "that b**** who cheated on her boyfriend." I also go back on everything I believe -- that if you're dating one person, you should only date that person and no one else.

So when it comes to choosing between being hurt or standing up for my moral beliefs. I choose standing up for my beliefs, and in the end, I would rather be cheated on than be the cheater.

What do you think? Would you rather be cheated on or be the cheater? Why?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home